The full service spectrum
Software projects are particularly challenging because of their complexity: through our full service approach, Xcontrol considerably minimizes project risk for the client.
Our customers and partners know: Xcontrol consistently completes projects on-time and on-budget. Following the implementation phase, the Xcontrol team provides customers with comprehensive support services.
Highest quality project management and quality assurance standards assures our success.
On the right side of this page, you will find links to our detailed services.
Xcontrol’s focus is on software development and system consulting, comprising expertise in the following areas:
Technology for software development:
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux, Unix, iOS, Android, Windows Phone
- Programming languages: Java (JEE)/JSP/JSF, C/C++/C#/Objective-C, XML, Basic, ASP.Net, PHP, PL/SQL
- Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, Access
- Application Server: Tomcat, JBoss, Oracle WebLogic, WebSphere
- Portals: SharePoint, Liferay
- Content Management Systems: OpenCms, CoreMedia, Magnolia
- Development frameworks: Spring, Struts, Oracle Forms/Reports
- Tools: Eclipse, Visual Studio, Oracle Designer/Discoverer/JDeveloper
- Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone
- Design and implementation of portal application web sites
- Implementation of content and document management systems
- Creation of layouts for websites
- Installation, hosting and maintenance of servers and databases
- Integration of VoIP network
- Development and integration of GSM-R subscribers
- Mobile network infrastructure in aircraft and ships (WLAN/Bluetooth)
- Transmission system and movement of data via satellite (Inmarsat/D+)
- Network security and management with definition and design of system components
- A factor or our success is our agile project management, e.g. with Scrum, which is characterized by early and tight feedback loops, and the customer for verification and control of management measures.
This results in maximum visibility and transparency of the applied solutions and the current status of implementation.
- Xcontrol sets in projects with public sector clients on the process model (V-model XT), which describes activities and achievements in software development and has been designed by the federal government.
- The maintenance, development of client-customized software systems based on the Service Management with ITIL. In this process, we integrate customer-specific requirements into Xcontrol best practices. We optimize the necessary service procedures together with the customer for continuous improvement of processes. The Xcontrol Service Desk is available 24/7.
Quality assurance measures:
- Code documentation
- User documentation
- Project documentation
- Code Review
- Definition of test cases (test developer), e.g. Unit tests with JUnit or in Visual Studio
- Load testing, integration testing, usability testing, system testing
- Support for multiple tests on-site