Network Engineer (m/f) - Miami (South Florida), Hamburg (Germany), Hong Kong
We offer challenging work with excellent personal development opportunities in an international setting, where independent thinking and responsibility are required.
Job Description - The Network Engineer role is responsible for
- Working with Cruise Line partners to design layer 2 and layer 3 network designs that allow Xcontrol solution to integrate into existing or planned shipboard networks
- Remote and on location (shipboard or lab) management of solution deployments.
- Remote or on location support of live systems when issues occur
- Aiding the Xcontrol Research and Development team in the design and development of new products and existing product enhancements.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent certifications /work experience
- 2 years of experience in layer 2 /layer 3 network design, deployment and/or support
- 2 years of experience in firewall deployment, support and or administration
- Availability to travel internationally to Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia (US/European or Canadian Passports preferred)
- US Citizenship or Residency
Not Required but Preferable Skills / Experience
- Satellite communications knowledge/experience
- Cruise Line / Cruise ship environment experience
- Network Architecture experience
- Palo Alto Firewall experience or certification
- Fortigates Firewall experience or certification
- Windows server management experience
- Linux Server Management experience
- Windows scripting
- Linux scripting
Does this job description sound perfect for you? If so, please contact Hendrik(jobs[at]xcontrol[dot]com
). Please send your CV, desired salary and possible starting date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Java/Oracle/.Net developers for our locations in Hamburg (Germany), Miami (South Florida), Hong Kong, Bonn (Germany)
We are looking for Java/Oracle/.Net developers to join our team for the implementation of J2EE, Oracle and. Net applications. Are you interested in working on complex software environments and do you meet the following requirements?
- Experience in Java or Oracle or .Net development
- Comfortable working with Linux and Windows
- University degree or vocational education or several years of professional experience in the field of computer science
- Creativity and ability to work independently
As part of an innovative, well established teams, you will employ the latest development strategies based on the Java, Oracle and .Net technologies.
Besides the challenge of growing demands of a dynamic market, we offer you the chance to join an exciting and expanding young team.
Take the challenge!
Contact us or send an email to
Interns and students for our location in Hamburg
At Xcontrol, interns and students right in the middle of the action, close to customers and exciting topics.
What do you need?
Apply for an internship or thesis topic work at Xcontrol.
- Strong interest in web technologies (JEE, Java, .Net, C#, HTML, XML)
- Open to new areas of interest
Your application materials should be addressed to jobs[at]xcontrol[dot]com